Saturday, March 22, 2014

Foods to Avoid

Think twice next time you want...

1. Frosting is one of the few items in the grocery store that still has trans fats.
2. Bagels have high glycemic index which increases insulin and leads to increased inflammation in the body.
3. Pop can be compared to ten packets of sugar.
4. Sticks of margarine are loaded with trans fat.
5. Bacon has lots of sodium and fats in it.
6. Processed baked foods are filled with high sugar content and preservatives.
7. Processed meat has saturated fat and cholesterol with high sodium levels.
8. Microwave popcorn has diacetyl which is a butter-flavoring agent used in microwave popcorn that increases respiratory risks.

I have a few things to cut out of my diet and I am sure you do too. I will definitely think twice next time I want any of the above items. For more information on these foods visit howstuffworks.com.

3 comments:

  1. This is a very good blog post on different foods to avoid., I was very surprised about popcorn. I always thought that popcorn was a good food but now understand that the flavoring agents make it very unhealthy to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make your popcorn the old fashioned way on the stove. It is so much better that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great entry! I love quick lists I can read to remind and learn what items I should not choose or purchase for myself or my family. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete