Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Well I hope everyone made wise eating decisions over spring break. It was difficult at times however, I did try my best to eat healthy. This is a recipe found on Pinterest I would like to share with everyone. This meal does fit into a college budget and I had lots of leftovers. I made it last night and I loved it! The chicken was so moist and delicious. This is a recipe I will use again except I would use asparagus instead of the green beans next time. 
 
Healthy Lemon Braised Chicken
 
 
 
Ingredients
  • 4 chicken breasts
  • 6 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 lemons (1 will be sliced and 1 juiced)
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • ¾ pound trimmed green beans
  • 8 red potatoes, cubed

Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  2. Coat a dutch oven, cast-iron skillet, or baking dish with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Slice one lemon and arrange lemon the slices in a single layer in the bottom of the dish
  3. In a large bowl, combine the rest of the oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper
  4. Add the chicken, green beans and potatoes and toss to coat.
  5. Pour the mix into the roasting pan.
  6. Roast for 50 minutes or until cooked completely

Nutrition Information
Calories: 450 Fat: 5 g Saturated fat: 2 g Carbohydrates: 42 g Sugar: 4 g Sodium: 222 mg Fiber: 7 g Protein: 49 g Cholesterol: 119 mg
 
Recipe found on Pinterest



1 comment:

  1. This meal looks delicious! Definitely something I would be willing to try. I love chicken and red potatoes so I know I would enjoy this. I want to expand my food horizon and try new things. I look forward to seeing more ideas!

    ReplyDelete